Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is one of my adopted recipes. I haven't made this one yet, but am looking forward to trying it.
Top Review by under12parsecs
DH and I threw this together when he was unexpectedly able to come home for lunch yesterday. It came together in a matter of moments on a loaf of refrigerated french bread dough. We drizzled the dough with garlic infused olive oil, layered on sliced garlic, cheeses, super ripe tomatoes, and fresh oregano, then baked as directed and sprinkled with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. It was like we were back in our home town eating big ol' slices of "Tomato Pie" from our favorite local pizza place, NYP. Thanks for an almost-forgotten taste of home, Dreamgoddess. Made for ZWT7.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen pizza crust
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, Shredded
- 2⁄3 cup romano cheese, Grated
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 plum tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Dip dough and a rolling pin in flour and evenly roll dough into a 12 inch circle. Use a 13" baking stone if possible.
- Spread garlic evenly over crust.
- Take half of the Romano cheese and one cup of the Mozzarella and one teaspoon of the oregano and sprinkle over the crust.
- Slice the tomatoes thinly and layer across.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients over tomatoes.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
- Makes 8 slices.
- Courtesy of the Pampered Chef.
- Typos by Jayne Oake.