Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A yummy in the tummy recipe!
- 2 quarts cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) packagesliced frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed and pureed
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 quart ginger ale, chilled
- In a large bowl or container, combine the first five ingredients.
- Stir until smooth and the sugar is dissolved.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Slowly add ginger ale; stir gently to mix.
- Pour into glasses.
- Garnish with strawberries if desired. Serve immediately.
We love this recipe. We found it 4 years ago and my son makes it for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year since. He even has the ingredients memorized! Very sweet tart...a taste sensation!
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ This recipe got worked over a little before I came up with the finished drink, but it was great! I cut the recipe in half & I used plain carbonated water instead of ginger ale! This was a very nice-tasting, though heavy-caloried drink, with six of us finishing it off in an evening! Thanks for the nice addition to my beverage recipe stash!