Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Low cal spicy turkey chili that's fast and EZ Cook. I was tasked with coming up with low calorie meals for my DW and I. This is my own concoction.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 4 garlic cloves, fresh minced
- 1 sweet onion, fresh chopped
- 1 green pepper, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, can
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 6 ounces light beer (half can)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, chopped
- Combine turkey and garlic in frying pan and brown, drain grease well, and scrape into crock-pot.
- Combine onion and green pepper in frying pan and saute until onion is just translucent and scrape into crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours (preferred) or high 3 hours.
I LOVED it, our daughters loved it...but the reason for one less star is my husband didn't. His complaint was that it wasn't thick enough or spicy enough, but he has Dave's Insanity and other hot sauces.