1/1 Photo of English Scones With Chocolate Chunks
These are a very moist and tender scone. More cake like than biscuit like. I stole it away from a co-worker of my husbands. He says you must use Bluebonnet margarine no subs and as I wanted the texture to taste the same I have tried no other. I plan on trying these with berries and perhaps almonds too. If you like your scones on the sweeter side I would add another 2-3 T sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first four ingredients together with a fork like you would pastry dough. Cut the dough till the margarine is pretty much unnoticeable.
- 2Mix in Chocolate chunks.
- 3Stir in the cream, if it seems a little dry add a little more cream, but NO more than 1/4 cup.
- 4Use your hands to roll the dough till all flour is mixed in (adding cream if needed).
- 5Form into a flat, even circle. Cut into 12 "pie" pieces.
- 6Place each piece separately on a sprayed cookie sheet allowing enough space for each to raise a bit. Brush tops with more cream. Sprinkle with sugar crystals and bake in a 350 oven no more than 19 minutes. The bottom edges will just be turning brown. DO NOT over bake or they will harden.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Scones With Chocolate Chunks
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.3
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 133.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g