Recipe by Abby Girl
When I want a good night sleep or have gone through a period of insomia or stress, I will use this mixture. Mustard is known for it's stiulating and cleansing qualities. The warmth of the mustard helps open pours and allows you to sweat out impurities. The baking soda sooths and softens dry skin. This recipe can be used for footbath, to help with circulation
Top Review by Sandi (From CA)
Lovely! I doubled up on the essential oils; I like to saturate the room with aroma! Otherwise, the measurements worked well for me. I'll be making more of this one for sure. Thanks for posting, Abby Girl!
- 1⁄2 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 2 drops peppermint essential oils (optional)
- 2 drops rosemary essential oils (optional)
- 2 drops eucalyptus essential oils (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid.
- To use: add 1/4 cup of the mustard misture to the bath under running water. Relax for 15 - 20 minutes, adding more hot water if needed. Rinse under a cool shower. Wear warm clothes until pores have closed.
- For footbaths, add 1 T and soak for 15 minutes. The footbaths help with circulation in the feet.
- The essential oils are optional, but the product would greatly improve with them added.