Gingerbread Men in a Bubble Bath
- Ready In:
Tart Shells and Gingerbread Men
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Bubble Bath Cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 tablespoon white icing
- 1 teaspoon red and green sprinkles
For the Bath Tub Tart Shells and Gingerbread Men:
- For the wet ingredients, using a stand mixer, add butter and brown sugar then mix; add eggs and molasses then mix.
- For the dry ingredients, in a bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, cornstarch; mix thoroughly.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients in the stand mixer.
- Form small, golf-ball sized shapes, and place them into a small muffin pan; pressing with your fingers to form cups (aka bathtubs); bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Using the other portion of the dough, flatten and roll into an even sheet; press the gingerbread man cookie cutter and carefully place the men on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; bake at 350F for 5-6 minutes; after cooling, pipe white icing to form the eyes, mouth, buttons, cufflinks.
For the Bubble Bath Frosting:
- In a stand mixer, add cream cheese, powdered sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and eggnog; mix well.
For the assembly:
- Pipe little round waves into the gingerbread cups (aka bathtubs).
- Place one gingerbread man into the bathtub.
- Add red and green sprinkles.
Questions & Replies
see 2 more questions
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!