Recipe by CarrolJ
Easy to make. I have had this recipe for over 20 years and no longer remember where I originally received it. Cooking time is approximate total cooking time for all 16 egg rolls.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (set aside a small amount for sealing)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup very cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients to make a dough.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Divide into 16 pieces.
- Roll into 6 inch squares.
- (Dough should be very thin).
- Stack rolled squares separately with wax paper between each one.
- Keep covered so they will not dry out while making the entire recipe of wrappers.
- Fill by making a line of your favorite filling about 1/2 from top and side edges.
- Fold in each side over filling.
- Brush on a small amount of saved egg along remaining side edges and the bottom edge.
- Roll from the top to the bottom and press lightly so it will seal.
- Fry at 350 degrees until golden brown.