Recipe by Kana K.
Developed to have a breakfast sandwich that emulated an "eggs benedict" the McMuffin has become the standard sando for breakfast. These are so quick n' easy to make with minimum clean up.
- 1 large egg (grade A)
- 1 English muffin
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 slice American cheese (real...not processed cheese food)
- cooking spray
- You will also need an Egg Ring, or a tuna can with the top and bottom off.
- Pre-heat an electric griddle to 275 degrees.
- Toast your english muffin by laying both sides face down on the griddle and applying pressure with spatula.
- This takes 1 to 1½ minutes.
- (they should be medium brown) Set aside.
- Lay your egg ring/can on the pre-heated grill.
- Spray with Pam to prevent sticking.
- Crack the egg and pour into ring on the grill.
- Poke the yolk with a sharp instrument so it flows.
- Butter both toasted halves of the english muffin liberally with melted butter.
- Put a slice of American cheese on the bottom half.
- 2 to 2½ minutes after you started cooking the egg, the whites should firm up, and the yolk should still be a bit"liquidy".
- Carefully remove the ring, leaving the egg on the griddle. You may have to"slice" around the edges if it sticks.
- Very carefully turn the egg over, and lay one slice of Canadian bacon on the griddle.
- Cook the egg 45-60 seconds after turning, after about 30-45 seconds,"flip" the Canadian bacon, and remove the egg, placing it on the bottom half (cheesed half) of the english muffin.
- 20-30 seconds after flippng the Canadan bacon, remove.
- Place the Canadian bacon on top of the cooked egg, and cover with the top of the toasted english muffin.