Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from my SIL Merril's father, Eddie. I've had this and it is easy and very good. It combines several prepared sauces from your pantry. The recipe calls for par-boiling the chicken to speed things up. There is a short marination time. Kids love it! (Note-I guessed the ounces for the bottles since the recipe was given to me in terms of "bottles" without ounces mentioned.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Chinese duck sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Russian salad dressing, dark
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Open Pit Barbecue Sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 chicken, cut up, skin on
- Boil chicken for 10-20 minutes; remove and set aside in refrigerator.
- Blend rest of the ingredients in a pot and stir over medium heat until onions are tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Marinate chicken in this sauce for at least 1 hour.
- Put on the grill and cook until done.