2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef Lindsay's Note:
Putting this recipe on here for safe-keeping. My 11 yr. old consistently asks for this chicken, and the rest of my foodies like it also!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine (I substitute apple juice)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 large bunch basil, julienned and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- juice of one lemon (slice and reserve leftovers)
- 1To obtain more flavorful and jucier meat, always brine in advance. This is a technique I just tried for the first time and I noticed a HUGE difference. For boneless, skinless chicken breasts you only need to let the chicken brine for 30 to 60 minutes.
- 2In a large plastic bag (or glass bowl or dish), pour 1 quart of cold water, 1/2 cup kosher salt or 1/4 table salt and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix well, place chicken in bag and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 4Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add garlic and let cook for about 1 minute, you don't want to burn the garlic. Remove from heat.
- 5Stir in wine, lemon zest, basil, salt and pepper.
- 6Arrange chicken breasts in a baking dish. Season breasts with salt and pepper. Pour lemon basil sauce over chicken and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 7Keep covered and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eat-Yourself-Skinny's Lemon Basil Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.7
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.0 mg
- Sodium 697.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 38.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: