Recipe by Chef Lindsay
Putting this recipe on here for safe-keeping. My 11 yr. old consistently asks for this chicken, and the rest of my foodies like it also!
- 5 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine (I substitute apple juice)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 large bunch basil, julienned and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- juice of one lemon (slice and reserve leftovers)
Directions See How It's Made
- To obtain more flavorful and jucier meat, always brine in advance. This is a technique I just tried for the first time and I noticed a HUGE difference. For boneless, skinless chicken breasts you only need to let the chicken brine for 30 to 60 minutes.
- In a large plastic bag (or glass bowl or dish), pour 1 quart of cold water, 1/2 cup kosher salt or 1/4 table salt and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix well, place chicken in bag and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add garlic and let cook for about 1 minute, you don't want to burn the garlic. Remove from heat.
- Stir in wine, lemon zest, basil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a baking dish. Season breasts with salt and pepper. Pour lemon basil sauce over chicken and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Keep covered and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.