Takes just like the PA Dutch country whoopie pies without all the work!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix all cake ingredients together.
- 3Divide cake batter into two foil-lined 9x13 inch baking pans.
- 4Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- 5Let cakes cool, the first one to room temperature and the second cake by placing into the freezer until stiff enough to "flop" on top of the room temperature cake (approx. 30-60 mins.).
- 6Prepare filling by combining all ingredients into large bowl(large bowl size is important so that it can contain all the filling when it "fluffs" up). Whip hard for 5-10 minutes.
- 7When cooled to room temp., icing the first cake with all of the filling.
- 8Take the second cake out of the freezer and carefully "flop" on top of the first filling-topped cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Whoopie Pie Cake
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 379.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g