Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Takes just like the PA Dutch country whoopie pies without all the work!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all cake ingredients together.
- Divide cake batter into two foil-lined 9x13 inch baking pans.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- Let cakes cool, the first one to room temperature and the second cake by placing into the freezer until stiff enough to "flop" on top of the room temperature cake (approx. 30-60 mins.).
- Prepare filling by combining all ingredients into large bowl(large bowl size is important so that it can contain all the filling when it "fluffs" up). Whip hard for 5-10 minutes.
- When cooled to room temp., icing the first cake with all of the filling.
- Take the second cake out of the freezer and carefully "flop" on top of the first filling-topped cake.