This was on the menu at a cooking class demo at our local supermarket - its very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core& quarter apples; toss with lemon juice& 2 tbsp of the sugar.
- 2Let stand& toss again so that sugar is completely dissolved.
- 3In a 10 inch ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 4Sprinkle remaining sugar evenly over butter.
- 5Stir just until sugar is dissolved& remove from heat.
- 6Place as many apple wedges as you can into the pan.
- 7They will actually stand on end but thats OK since they will shrink as the tarte cooks.
- 8Place the pan back over medium heat and cook the apples for 20- 25 minutes or until syrup has formed a thickened caramel.
- 9Cool slightly.
- 10Gently roll out pie shell (or puff pastry) to fit slightly larger than the pan.
- 11Place over the pan, trim edges& bake in preheated 400F oven for 20- 25 minutes or until pastry is crisp.
- 12Turn out onto a large platter& serve.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Upside Down Apple Tarte Tatin
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 159.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: