Recipe by kerstin klein
Here in Germany, at every festival or celebration (specially during the Christmas time or the Octoberfest) we love to eat sugar roasted almonds. Usually you roast them in a pan, which takes quite some time and they burn easily. Here´s the quick version with a microwave, which is also safer and a lot easier to clean up.
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups almonds (with skin)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients (except for the almonds) into a bowl and microwave at 600 Watt for 2 minutes.
- Add the almonds into the bowl and mix thoroughly. Put it another 2 minutes into the microwave oven.
- Mix again and microwave it another 2 minutes.
- Let the almonds cool on a baking sheet or paper. (I usually use a plastic tray.) Use two forks to separate sticking almonds immediately from each other. Enjoy!