Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Delicious manicotti and so easy to make. No one will be able to tell you used shortcuts!
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 7 ounces ricotta cheese (part-skim if desired)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 lb hot italian turkey sausage or 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce, of choice
- 4 ounces manicotti (7 shells)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook sausage in skillet on medium heat for 14-16 minutes, covered, turning occasionally.
- Sausage is done when cooked through, with no pink in center.
- In separate skillet, steam spinach.
- When sausage is done, chop into ½ in.
- pieces, return to same skillet and add marinara sauce.
- Let sauce and sausage simmer while you prepare manicotti filling.
- Make filling by mixing first 6 ingredients together.
- Stuff filling into uncooked shells and lay in an 8 x 13 glass casserole dish.
- Pour sauce and water over stuffed shells.
- Cover with foil, bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for another 5 minutes-adding shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese if desired.