1/4 Photos of Easy Refrigerator Biscuit Calzones
Great little appetizers, and so simple to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage, ground
- 1 cup portabella mushroom, diced
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits, 16 in total (Grands)
- 1 egg, mixed with 1 tbsp water for eggwash
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups marinara sauce, warmed
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook about 4-5 minutes, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon as you go along. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until sausage is done and no longer pink.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix well the ricotta, mozzarella, and basil. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- 3Roll out each biscuit onto a lightly floured work surface using a rolling pin. Roll/flatten until double in size (6"-7" in diameter).
- 4When sausage mixture is done, drain well on paper towels, patting down well to remove as much grease/oil as you can. Add to cheese mixture. Blending well.
- 5To the rolls, place about 2 heaping tablespoons of the mixture into the center, keeping away from the sides. Using a pastry brush, brush around HALF of the edges. DO NOT BRUSH ALL AROUND OR IT WILL NOT STICK TOGETHER.
- 6Fold rolls in half over the filling (fold the un-brushed side onto the brushed side). Seal the edges by gently pressing the tines of a fork around the folded edge.
- 7Place onto ungreased baking sheet (best to use parchment or a silpat underneath) Brush tops with remaining eggwash and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Using the tip of a sharp knife, pierce hole in top of calzones to allow steam to escape.
- 8Bake for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown. Let sit a few minutes before serving with marinara sauce.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Refrigerator Biscuit Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.0
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 1423.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 21.0 g