1 hr 15 mins
Tried this for the Thanksgiving Holiday trial dinner and was very surprised the cake was tasty, moist and delicious! Found this on the Hershey's web site. Didn't figure in cooling time - about 1 1/2 hours, depending on how cool your kitchen is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) packages nut quick bread mix
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 2Heat oven to 350°F
- 3Grease and flour three 8-inch round baking pans.
- 4Stir together bread mix, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, oil and eggs in large bowl until well blended.
- 5Stir in zucchini; pour evenly into prepared pans.
- 6Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack.
- 8Cool completely.
- 9Frost with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, if desired.
- 11Stir together 5 1/3 cups powdered sugar and 1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa in large bowl.
- 12Beat 3/4 cup softened butter and 1 cup sugar-cocoa mixture in another large bowl.
- 13Add remaining sugar-cocoa mixture, 1/2 cup milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract; beat to spreading consistency.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Harvest Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.9
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 137.6 mg
- Sodium 126.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 78.1 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nut quick bread mix