1/2 Photos of Easy Good Homemade Hot Dog Buns
WAY better than the mushy store-bought ones!!! Had that frozen bread dough in the freezer and thought...why not? Ha! They came out GREAT!! 1 loaf made 6 large buns, too!!! DH LOVED these! Guess I'm going to be making them "homemade" from now on! LOL! This "recipe" is more for the directions...not much to it, but GOOOOOD!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The night before, tightly wrap 1 frozen loaf bread dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 2Next morning, unwrap and cut loaf lengthwise down center.
- 3Cut each long piece into 3 equal sections making 6 equal pieces total.
- 4Pinch cut edges together so buns will eventually come out smooth, and roll into small ropes. *They should be about the size of a cooked hotdog.
- 5Place on greased cookie sheet.
- 6Brush with half the melted butter.
- 7Cover lightly with plastic wrap, sealing the edges of the plastic wrap to the cookie sheet so that no air gets inside.
- 8Let rise in warm place til doubled. (Mine took about 2 1/2 hours.).
- 9Lightly brush each with rest of melted butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds if desired.
- 10Bake in 350º oven for about 20 minutes til golden brown. You may want to turn your cookie sheet around half-way through baking for even browning of your buns.
- 11Cool on wire rack for about 5-10 minutes.
- 12Cut open with SHARP serrated knife.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Good Homemade Hot Dog Buns
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.9
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 40.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough