1/3 Photos of Easy Fried Plantains Slices
Chef Sarita in Austin Texas's Note:
So easy, that even the most novice cook can make this. And it is delicious! It is a typical delicasy in Southern Mexico, Central America and the Carribean. It is best to choose plantains (not bananas) that are yellow with black spots (as shown in the picture), as these will be sweet and tender and will fry even more delicious! Enjoy by itself with sour cream or as a side dish (as shown in the picture).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On medium high, heat oil in large frying pan.
- 2Meanwhile, cut each banana in half, across the middle (NOT lengh wise). Now take each banana half and cut 3 slices length wise. Do the same to the other half. You should end up with 6 slices about 2-3 inches long PER a banana. After you have done this with all 3 bananas, there will be a total of 18 slices.
- 3Add the sliced bananas slowly into the hot oil and fry each side for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4Remove from pan, drain in paper towel and add salt to taste.
You Might Also Like...View All Honduran Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Fried Plantains Slices
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.5
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g