Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I invented this when I needed an easy dish to bring to a Mexican Food potluck. It was a hit.
- 8 frozen prepared burritos (I use Green Beef & Bean, but you may use your favorite)
- 1 (16 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese
- Thaw burritos in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray the inside of a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut each burrito into thirds and place in pan.
- Pour enchilada sauce over burritos, then entire package of shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes before removing foil.
- Then bake additional 10-15 minutes until bubbly.
My husband and I have been making this for some time... we always have the ingredients on hand! It's nice to able to throw a dinner together in a matter of moments. We usually forget about thawing the burritos overnight, so we microwave them for about 30 seconds then cut them up and bake for about 30 min. Turns out wonderfully everytime!
YUM. How easy and tasty can it get? I used a package of 9 beef and bean burritos to fill up the pan, and the rest per recipe. VERY tasty--got hearty approvals from DH and son. "A definite do-again!" was the consensus. Thanks for such an easy comfort food fix.
I made these about a year ago when I was craving Mexican food and didn't have anything thawed (bought them originally for my husband's lunch). After baking, I add chopped lettuce, tomatoes and onions (and a little hot sauce) to the top of each serving. My family thought I made them from scratch! :) These are great for working folks.