Recipe by BlondieItaliana
Classic Italian dish... this is a pretty easy recipe for Chicken Sorrentino. This goes great served over Linguini or Angel Hair along with a nice salad and semolina bread. ** I use the same pan to saute' individual ingredients then set aside on paper plates while I am preparing next ingredient in saute' pan. ** Also, I use the thin boneless chicken breasts for faster saute' if you use larger, you should butterfly or pound to flatten.
Top Review by Sandra Scalice
We eat a lot of chicken and fish. We were so bored with it that we had to start looking for new ways to prepare chicken. My husband found the recipe, and oh my! This is a great recipe.
We sliced the eggplant pretty thin and sautéd it until it was dark brown. We also pounded the chicken pretty flat and left it in the refrigerator with salt, pepper, italian seasoning and olive oil for about an hour before cooking. It was excellent!
- 1 -2 lb chicken breast
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -4 slices eggplants, fresh
- 2 -3 ounces prosciutto (about 3 slices, or smoked ham)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (in a pinch provolone works too)
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute' chicken breast in olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside on a plate.
- Then saute' eggplant (you can leave skin on or remove based on your preference) until tender. Set aside on another plate.
- Next, saute' prosciutto for just a few minutes then add to plate.
- In large baking dish brushed with olive oil, arrange starting with layer of chicken with a layer of eggplant on top, then layer ham, and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese over pasta if desired.