Recipe by ~Hannah~
Delicious buttery rolls! No kneading needed, let rise overnight. So light and scrumptious! (from allrecipes.com)
Top Review by COOKGIRl
The first thing I did was cut the recipe in half. I used an ABM to prep the dough last night, covered the ABM pan with plastic wrap then placed in the fridge until this afternoon. The dough was a little sticky but I floured my hands. Important to flour your hands, rolling pin and work surface frequently to avoid the bread dough sticking. The rolls proofed in the oven on the proofing feature for only 35 minutes and by that time they not only had doubled but started to lose their shape. Sprinkled very lightly each roll with coarse salt and baked for about 12 minutes turning the baking pans halfway through. Delicious, wonderful texture, buttery rich! Thanks for posting Reviewed for Best of 2011.
- 1 cup butter (or shortening)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 cup butter (or shortening) and milk in a small saucepan. Heat until butter is melted; set aside to cool.
- Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in the warm water.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt together.
- Add the milk mixture and the yeast mixture in the egg mixture, stirring to blend.
- Add the flour and baking powder; stir until no dry patches remain. The dough will be wet and sticky. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough into four parts, and roll each part into 1/2 inch thick circles on a floured surface.
- Spread surface with the melted butter. Cut each circle like a pie into 8 or 12 triangles, and roll up from larger to small end.
- Place rolls point side down on a baking sheet, and allow to rise until doubled (1-3 hours, depending on the temperature and altitude.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.).
- Bake rolls for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Note: Prep time does not contain overnight or rising time.