Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipes for use in the Easy Bake Oven.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda and brown sugar. Stir to blend. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles corn meal. Spoon about 1/2 cup mixture into each of 8 small containers or ziplock bags. Seal bags tightly. Label with date and contents.
- Store in a cool dry place. Use within 12 weeks.
- Makes 8 packages of Children's Cookie Mix.
- Each package makes 9 cookies.
- To Use: Mix 3/4 teaspoon water and stir to form dough. Form into 1/2 inch balls. Place on ungreased baking pan and press down slightly on each to flatten out a bit. Cook for 5 minutes.
Good and easy. Used real butter
Super fabulous!!!! We used real butter scaled down recipe and added small amounts of chocolate chips walnuts and coconut Thank you for sharing this yummy easy bake oven recipe!!
I had fun making this recipe. It was delicious.