Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
WOW, I grew up on this as a kid and never knew how easy it was to make. one bite and you'll see why. I begged my mom to make it ever year for the holidays.
- mix egg yolks, milk, juice into large bowl.
- Mix all together until creamy.
- Add a few pinches of cream tartar to make it set nice. (not enough will make it runny.)
- Pour into your pie dish and refridgerate!
- Depending on the size of your crust, you may need to use more sweetened condensed milk to fill the pie up. I usually use 1 can, + 1/2 can. I always let mine set overnight. You can top it with anything you wish like whipped cream, or lemon wedges for garnish. I give one to each of my neighbors as sweet gifts. I promise you will love it!