Recipe by fruity pebble
WOW, I grew up on this as a kid and never knew how easy it was to make. one bite and you'll see why. I begged my mom to make it ever year for the holidays.
- 2 egg yolks, beaten up
- 10 -12 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup lemon juice concentrate
- cream of tartar (spice or powder)
- ready-made pie crust, any flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- mix egg yolks, milk, juice into large bowl.
- Mix all together until creamy.
- Add a few pinches of cream tartar to make it set nice. (not enough will make it runny.)
- Pour into your pie dish and refridgerate!
- Depending on the size of your crust, you may need to use more sweetened condensed milk to fill the pie up. I usually use 1 can, + 1/2 can. I always let mine set overnight. You can top it with anything you wish like whipped cream, or lemon wedges for garnish. I give one to each of my neighbors as sweet gifts. I promise you will love it!