Recipe by Mom2Rose
This is an adorable idea for kids during the Spring/Easter season. They are easy to assemble - the kids can help too!
Top Review by SharonChen
Freaking genius idea! They are SO SO DARN CUTE!!!!!! I enjoyed making them and watching them sitting in my apartment as they were also such fantastic decorations to the house. I am totally saving this recipe and making these again!!!!
- 24 swiss rolls
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting or 1 (16 ounce) container chocolate frosting
- 24 marshmallow peeps (Rabbit peeps)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) packagepeach ring gummy candies (cut in half)
- 24 Lifesavers candies
- 48 M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 96 spree candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Unwrap Swiss cake rolls and put on flat surface to work on.
- Place contents of frosting container in quart-sized ziploc bag; press all air out, seal and snip corner off end.
- Cut a shallow V shape in bottom of Peeps so they sit flat on cake rolls.
- Add small amount of frosting to bottom of Peeps and stick on almost to the back of cake rolls.
- Take halved peach gummy slices and add small dabs of frosting to cut end and stick down behind Peep as the "back of the seat".
- Next, add small dab of frosting to Lifesavers and stick down in front of Peep on a slight angle for steering wheel.
- Take 2 matching M&M's and adhere to front of cake roll as the headlights.
- Take 4 matching Spree candies (or equivalent) and use frosting to adhere them two to each long side of cake roll as the tires.
- Repeat with all cake rolls.