Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adorable idea for kids during the Spring/Easter season. They are easy to assemble - the kids can help too!
- 24 swiss rolls
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting or 1 (16 ounce) container chocolate frosting
- 24 marshmallow peeps (Rabbit peeps)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) packagepeach ring gummy candies (cut in half)
- 24 Lifesavers candies
- 48 M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 96 spree candies
- Unwrap Swiss cake rolls and put on flat surface to work on.
- Place contents of frosting container in quart-sized ziploc bag; press all air out, seal and snip corner off end.
- Cut a shallow V shape in bottom of Peeps so they sit flat on cake rolls.
- Add small amount of frosting to bottom of Peeps and stick on almost to the back of cake rolls.
- Take halved peach gummy slices and add small dabs of frosting to cut end and stick down behind Peep as the "back of the seat".
- Next, add small dab of frosting to Lifesavers and stick down in front of Peep on a slight angle for steering wheel.
- Take 2 matching M&M's and adhere to front of cake roll as the headlights.
- Take 4 matching Spree candies (or equivalent) and use frosting to adhere them two to each long side of cake roll as the tires.
- Repeat with all cake rolls.
Freaking genius idea! They are SO SO DARN CUTE!!!!!! I enjoyed making them and watching them sitting in my apartment as they were also such fantastic decorations to the house. I am totally saving this recipe and making these again!!!!
Easter 2011 was at my house and there were 10 little kidlets, 3 teens and 5 "big kids" who all participated in the making of these fun little racers, and the eating of them, too. So much fun and everyone was very creative in the way they put them together. Thanks for such a great idea!
These were so fun to make! Everyone thought they were the cutest things they had ever seen...