1/9 Photos of Dunkley's Famous Macaroni Salad
Miss Annie's Note:
For large gatherings, I think this salad would go over great! This is one of the best tasting macaroni salads I have ever had! I know there are a lot of ingredients, but don't skimp. The flavor sensation is absolutely incredible!! I saw this on Food Network's 'Calling All Cooks', and got the recipe from the website. This recipe serves about 25 people. NOTE: The ORIGINAL recipe calls for 1-2 Tbsps. garlic salt, and that's the way I entered the recipe. If you are salt sensitive, I suggest you use less. You can always add more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g package salad macaroni (or ditali pasta)
- 236.59 ml celery, diced
- 236.59 ml red onion, diced
- 236.59 ml onion, diced (yellow or white)
- 236.59 ml medium cheddar, diced
- 236.59 ml swiss cheese, diced
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 236.59 ml dill pickle, diced
- 236.59 ml salami, diced
- 236.59 ml olive, black, sliced
- 2.46 ml horseradish
- 14.79-29.58 ml garlic salt
- 14.79-29.58 ml garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 4.92-9.85 ml black pepper, fresh ground
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml celery salt
- 85.04 g jar diced pimentos, rinsed and drained
- 236.59-354.88 ml mayonnaise
- 1Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- 2Add macaroni and cook until it is al dente, approximately 7-9 minutes.
- 3DO NOT OVERCOOK the pasta or it will fall apart when the salad is tossed together.
- 4Rinse macaroni until cool.
- 5Drain well and let it dry out slightly.
- 6Place pasta in a large bowl.
- 7Carefully fold in celery, onion, cheddar, Swiss cheese, Parmesan, dill pickles, salami, and black olives.
- 8Refrigerate the mixture, covered, overnight (or refrigerate for at least 2 hours).
- 9Mix the garlic salt, minced garlic, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dry mustard and celery salt together. Add to the salad.
- 10Fold in pimentos.
- 11Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise and horseradish; fold into the salad. (You may use up to another 1/2 cup mayonnaise, if needed).
- 12Refrigerate for another 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dunkley's Famous Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 332.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: