Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
For large gatherings, I think this salad would go over great! This is one of the best tasting macaroni salads I have ever had! I know there are a lot of ingredients, but don't skimp. The flavor sensation is absolutely incredible!! I saw this on Food Network's 'Calling All Cooks', and got the recipe from the website. This recipe serves about 25 people. NOTE: The ORIGINAL recipe calls for 1-2 Tbsps. garlic salt, and that's the way I entered the recipe. If you are salt sensitive, I suggest you use less. You can always add more.
- 453.59 g package salad macaroni (or ditali pasta)
- 236.59 ml celery, diced
- 236.59 ml red onion, diced
- 236.59 ml onion, diced (yellow or white)
- 236.59 ml medium cheddar, diced
- 236.59 ml swiss cheese, diced
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 236.59 ml dill pickle, diced
- 236.59 ml salami, diced
- 236.59 ml olive, black, sliced
- 2.46 ml horseradish
- 14.79-29.58 ml garlic salt
- 14.79-29.58 ml garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 4.92-9.85 ml black pepper, fresh ground
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml celery salt
- 85.04 g jar diced pimentos, rinsed and drained
- 236.59-354.88 ml mayonnaise
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add macaroni and cook until it is al dente, approximately 7-9 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK the pasta or it will fall apart when the salad is tossed together.
- Rinse macaroni until cool.
- Drain well and let it dry out slightly.
- Place pasta in a large bowl.
- Carefully fold in celery, onion, cheddar, Swiss cheese, Parmesan, dill pickles, salami, and black olives.
- Refrigerate the mixture, covered, overnight (or refrigerate for at least 2 hours).
- Mix the garlic salt, minced garlic, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dry mustard and celery salt together. Add to the salad.
- Fold in pimentos.
- Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise and horseradish; fold into the salad. (You may use up to another 1/2 cup mayonnaise, if needed).
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
Best macaroni salad I have every made, without a doubt. We had a big family get together and it was one of the most popular dishes I served. The mayo sauce is definitely the clincher. Thanks Miss Annie. Appreciate you.
Yum Yum!!! This was so good! I took it to a fellowship dinner and it was devoured! I omitted the salami and the parmesan cheese and added frozen peas. I used the black olives and added green olives too! Thanks for a great recipe!
I've made this several times and it's always a hit! I use shredded cheese because it's just easier and I mix up all the ingredients at once and refrigerate for several hours. Try it!