Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
the name says it all! I use pecans..but am sure walnuts will work well
Make and share this Dream Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 236.59 ml coconut
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29-236.59 ml nuts, chopped
- mix crumb layer and pat into a buttered 9x9" pan.
- bake approximately 10 minutes at 350* til slightly browned -- for bar mixture.
- mix all ingredients together.pour over baked crumb layer --
- bake again at 350* for 20-25 minutes or till brown --
- cool and cut into bars.
Very rich and decadent -- and there's just no way we'd cut these into 24 bars -- not in this house! I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup in the topping, otherwise followed recipe exactly. Good baking project to do with kids, heavenly-tasting results!
These bars are yummy! The only thing is my family dose not like coconut so I put in 1 cup choclate chips instead they were heavenly.