- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 12 ounces corn kernels, drained or 3 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped canned green chili
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line muffins cups with paper liners.
- Mix corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk eggs and sour cream in another bowl until smooth. Mix in butter. Stir in corn, cheese and chiles. Pour over dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until no longer moist in the center. Cool a few minutes before serving.