Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use in Birthday Cake Pancakes recipe. Found on Pennies on a Platter, Adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe, originally Cook's Country
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml cake flour
- 118.29 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and chilled to very cold
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients, except the butter, into a food processor.
- Process for 15 seconds, until combined.
- Add the butter and lightly fluff with a fork to coat with the flour mixture.
- Add vanilla, then pulse until the mixture is crumbly and fine.
- Use immediately in any recipe calling for yellow cake mix, or freeze immediately in a zipper bag for up to 2 months.
- If not using right away, transfer to a zipper bag and freeze immediately.
- If you allow the mixture to sit out too long, the butter will start melting and change the texture of the dry mix.
- If this does happen, freeze it for about 1 hour then throw it back in the food processor and pulse until it reaches the fine consistency.