Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have made thease for the last 15 years and have to hide them on my husband every time I make them, because he would eat the whole thing in a sitting
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup additional sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) packages vanilla baking chips
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in molasses.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into ¾-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until cookies spring back when touched lightly. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Melt chips with shortening in a small saucepan over low heat. Dip the cookies half way; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper- lined baking sheets to hard.