Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is pretty quick to make and has a great flavor. Dill is so tasty. I found this in a land of lakes cookbook years ago.
- Melt butter in 10 inch skillet until sizzling.
- Halve and pound thin the chicken breasts.
- Add the salt, dill, pepper and garlic to skillet with butter.
- Add chicken and cook medium heat turning occasionally until chicken browned and fork tender, approximately 10- 15 minutes.
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, 1/4 tsp dill, 1/8 teaspoons salt, and lemon juice in small bowl to make sauce.
- Serve on top of chicken.
- Can also be served on rolls with lettuce and tomato.
I changed this a little and put the sauce into the pan that i cooked the chicken in (removed the chicken first) to heat it up and make it a little thinner. Delicous, will definitly make it again :)
I made this following the recipe, except used 1tsp fresh minced garlic instead (2 cloves) and it was Delicious! I also used Neufchatel cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese (1/3 less fat but still tasty). My picky picky son loved it too, so it's definitely a hit here and I'll make it again. Next time I'm going to try Olive Oil for the frying and cut down to low fat sour cream to reduce the fat and calories a bit, and the Olive Oil will be at least a healthier fat than the butter and still have good flavor. 7/26/07 Made it again, this time with the low fat sour cream and neufchatel cream cheese. Tasted great! Also cooked in Olive oil instead, but decided the butter flavor put it over the top, so added about 1/2 tsp to flavor it up before removing it from the pan. We still love it!
This recipe was really tasty and I had most of the ingredients on hand. I cooked the chicken on medium low and it turned out really tender with a crispy crust. The sauce added a wonderful creaminess.