Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Just for you, dad. :)
Top Review by jerri822
My husband and I love oysters. This recipe was so delicious and I got to use my ramekins (wedding gift) that I hardly ever use. I used about 4 dashes of hot sauce which made it hot enough for use and plenty of salt and pepper. Reminded me of my great grandmother's oyster dressing. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 4 slices bread
- 2 pints oysters, drained and reserve juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot pepper sauce (I use Tabasco)
- black pepper
- cracker crumb
- butter or margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble bread in mixing bowl.
- Add oysters, oyster juice, and eggs; mix well.
- Add grated lemon rind; beat well.
- Saute onions, celery, and bell pepper in butter until transparent.
- Add oyster mixture, Worcestershire, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook stirring constantly, until oysters curl.
- Place mixture in individual ramekins or casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs on top; dot with butter.
- Bake in 350 degrees about 30-40 minutes until bubbly and slightly browned.