Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great Grandma Rush's Cheesecake recipe. This recipe includes making the graham cracker crust, and the two layer cheesecake. I use 1-gallon ziplock and my rolling pin to crush the graham crackers. I also use real lemon for the lemon juice. This recipe was designed for a springform pan, if using glass pie plates this usually can be made into two cakes. Servings vary based on how large you cut the slices.
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham crackers, Crushed
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 bricks cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 4 -5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Graham Cracker Crust - Mix crushed graham crackers and 1/2 C sugar. Add melted butter and mix. Press graham cracker mix into springform pan (or glass pie plate). Bake for 9 min @ 350 deg.
- First Layer - Blend cream cheese, 1 C sugar, eggs, and lemon juice until smooth (about 2-3 min). Pour over baked crust. Bake 25-29 min @ 350 deg.
- Second Layer - Stir sour cream, 4-5 tbls sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Pour over cake. Bake 5 min @ 350 deg.
- Finish - Let cake set overnight in refrigerator.
My cheesecake turned out GREAT! I had lost my regular recipe and had to use this one in a pinch. It set up great and was very firm, and the lemon really added something! I will be using this recipe exclusively in the future.
I made this cake for my sons birthday and everyone loved it!! I do however have a few changes I'd like to share...I used cinnamon flavored graham crackers for the crust and it was awesome! The only thing I would change is the amount of butter used. I think it was too much and it was hard to lift the cheesecake out of the pan after it sat all night in the fridge. I also let the cake set for about 5-8 minutes before putting the sour cream layer on and made that layer and let it set to room temperature before adding to the cake. Just a precaution on my side since the review before said it had melted. Turned out great and I will definitely make again...maybe with raw sugar instead of processed!
This recipe turned out positively awful. I made it twice and it never sets... The top layer turns to liquid when baked and melts into the filling... would not ever try this again. Zero stars!