Recipe by Designs by Kurlz
Great Grandma Rush's Cheesecake recipe. This recipe includes making the graham cracker crust, and the two layer cheesecake. I use 1-gallon ziplock and my rolling pin to crush the graham crackers. I also use real lemon for the lemon juice. This recipe was designed for a springform pan, if using glass pie plates this usually can be made into two cakes. Servings vary based on how large you cut the slices.
Top Review by clmmanson
My cheesecake turned out GREAT! I had lost my regular recipe and had to use this one in a pinch. It set up great and was very firm, and the lemon really added something! I will be using this recipe exclusively in the future.
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham crackers, Crushed
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 bricks cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 4 -5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Graham Cracker Crust - Mix crushed graham crackers and 1/2 C sugar. Add melted butter and mix. Press graham cracker mix into springform pan (or glass pie plate). Bake for 9 min @ 350 deg.
- First Layer - Blend cream cheese, 1 C sugar, eggs, and lemon juice until smooth (about 2-3 min). Pour over baked crust. Bake 25-29 min @ 350 deg.
- Second Layer - Stir sour cream, 4-5 tbls sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Pour over cake. Bake 5 min @ 350 deg.
- Finish - Let cake set overnight in refrigerator.