Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very simple and yummy way to get even the fussiest eater to enjoy the sweet potato.
Make and share this Delish Sweet Potato "fries" Low Fat recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning, adjust to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Quarter the potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch thick strips, too thin -- they will burn!
- Spread potatoes on a lightly oiled or sprayed baking sheet, sprinkle with oil and seasoning and toss to coat.
- Bake in the lower 1/3 of the oven for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt, if desired.
Yummy. We ate ours with the option of organic yogurt to dip into. I used local organic sweet potatoes from our weekly CSA basket, instead of olive oil I used avocado oil as it is healthier to heat, homemade Cajun seasoning from a recipe on this site, can't remember which one, plus grey sea salt, to taste.
We love sweet potato fries and these really hit the spot. I cut the potatoes as directed. They were put on a baking sheet and lightly drizzled with oil followed by a good sprinkling of Cajun seasoning. A perfect accompaniment to burgers.
This is what I was looking for a sweet potato fry recipe with olive oil and a little seasoning. They were very good. We had them with hamburgers. Thanks for putting the recipe on here.