Recipe by Hidesome
My sister-in-law shared this recipe with me. The pumpkin and bulgar give it a thick, meaty taste. It's also very easy to make. I always freeze leftovers for another night.
Top Review by Jenni Menashe
Made this last night for the kids. Used one raw chili pepper instead of the canned. Added a dollop of Sour Cream, it was amazing. Biggest complaint was that I should have doubled the recipe (big eaters here). Exactly the way I like recipes, easy to follow, easy to make and easy to clean up (no left overs). Thanks for sharing.
- 4 cups water or 4 cups broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans or 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked Bulgar wheat
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt