1/1 Photo of Delicious Vegetarian Chili
My sister-in-law shared this recipe with me. The pumpkin and bulgar give it a thick, meaty taste. It's also very easy to make. I always freeze leftovers for another night.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water or 4 cups broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans or 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup uncooked Bulgar wheat
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Put all ingredients in soup pot.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, until bulgur is tender.
- 3Garnish with sour cream, yogurt, shredded cheddar cheese, or sliced scallions.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Vegetarian Chili
Serving Size: 1 (3669 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1959.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5106.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 386.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 118.1 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 109.7 g