Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe that I made up, because I like my bread crumbs to be extra seasoned and I love parmesan cheese...this is delicious as a coating for oven-fried chicken...don't know about casseroles...P.S a cast iron skillet works best for this recipe..but any oven-proof container may be used
- 3 slices bread (I used whole wheat)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- place bread on pan and put into oven for approximately 6 minutes (or until dried, but not toasted, turning half way through) leave oven on.
- Remove from oven and let bread cool slightly; then add to food processor along with spices (do not add parmesan cheese yet!) ground until desired consistantcy.
- return crumbs to oven,spreading evenly, for approximately 5-6 minutes; or until lightly toasted. (stir crumbs occasionally to evenly toast).
- remove from oven and let cool. Add parmesan cheese and stir until evenly mixed.
This was a very good bread crumb recipe! I used it to coat Italian Chicken and it worked out great! Thanks so much for posting!
This was easy and fabulous and an excellent use of the leftover breads in my fridge (i.e. heels, an extra hot dog bun, etc). I did add dried basil to mine because I just can't go without it. Thanks so much.