Cook1 hr 40 mins
For the best taste prepare the sauce a day ahead to blend flavors --- although I have 6 servings listed for these ribs, my DS and DS could eat the whole thing just between themselves they are that delicious! I have made this recipe using side ribs also but I suggest to boil them first for about 20 minutes before cooking them in the oven for side ribs, I have to say that back ribs are better --- I always most always serve these ribs with my Kittencal's Famous Coleslaw --- you will *love* these ribs!
- 3 racks of baby-back pork ribs
- salt and pepper (can use seasoning salt)
- 2 cups of prepared barbecue sauce (recipe below)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon liquid smoke (to taste) (optional)
- black pepper
- Prepare this sauce a day ahead and chill overnight.
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally to prevent from scorching (about 30-35 minutes).
- You can strain the sauce if desired to remove the onion and garlic, that is optional.
- Cool to about room temperature; cover and chill overnight or up to 2 days.
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper, then let the ribs sit out for 30 minutes at room temperature before baking.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet/s.
- Place the ribs (meat side up) on baking sheet.
- Bake the ribs for 30 minutes.
- Remove the ribs and brush on about 1/4 cup prepared sauce over each rack of ribs; return to oven and continue to bake for 20 minutes longer.
- After 20 minutes, remove and brush another 1/4 cup over each rack, place back in the oven for another 20 minuters.
- Repeat again using 1/4 cup sauce this time for about 25-30 minutes (100 minutes baking time in total).
- Cut the ribs into thirds and arrange on a serving platter; rub a bit more sauce over the top of the ribs and serve!