1/1 Photo of Delicious Oven Baked Barbecue Baby Back Ribs
25 hrs 40 mins
1 hr 40 mins
For the best taste prepare the sauce a day ahead to blend flavors --- although I have 6 servings listed for these ribs, my DS and DS could eat the whole thing just between themselves they are that delicious! I have made this recipe using side ribs also but I suggest to boil them first for about 20 minutes before cooking them in the oven for side ribs, I have to say that back ribs are better --- I always most always serve these ribs with my Kittencal's Famous Coleslaw --- you will *love* these ribs!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 racks of baby-back pork ribs
- salt and pepper (can use seasoning salt)
- 2 cups of prepared barbecue sauce (recipe below)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon liquid smoke (to taste) (optional)
- black pepper
- 1Prepare this sauce a day ahead and chill overnight.
- 2In a saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally to prevent from scorching (about 30-35 minutes).
- 3You can strain the sauce if desired to remove the onion and garlic, that is optional.
- 4Cool to about room temperature; cover and chill overnight or up to 2 days.
- 5Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper, then let the ribs sit out for 30 minutes at room temperature before baking.
- 6Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Grease a large baking sheet/s.
- 8Place the ribs (meat side up) on baking sheet.
- 9Bake the ribs for 30 minutes.
- 10Remove the ribs and brush on about 1/4 cup prepared sauce over each rack of ribs; return to oven and continue to bake for 20 minutes longer.
- 11After 20 minutes, remove and brush another 1/4 cup over each rack, place back in the oven for another 20 minuters.
- 12Repeat again using 1/4 cup sauce this time for about 25-30 minutes (100 minutes baking time in total).
- 13Cut the ribs into thirds and arrange on a serving platter; rub a bit more sauce over the top of the ribs and serve!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Oven Baked Barbecue Baby Back Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (950 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1493.3
- Calories from Fat 801
- Total Fat 89.0 g
- Saturated Fat 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 369.5 mg
- Sodium 2246.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 54.1 g
- Protein 104.8 g