My dh has been on a quest to find a recipe for deep fried green beans. I am posting both of the recipes I have found on here so I do not loose them. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- 3Cool in bowl of ice water.
- 4Drain again.
- 5Heat oil in deep fryer or large saucepan over medium-high heat to 350°F
- 6Combine flour, 3/4 cup water, eggs, baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in large bowl; whisk until smooth batter forms.
- 7Dip 6 beans at a time into batter; shake off excess.
- 8Add to hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes per batch.
- 9Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 10Sprinkle with more salt and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Fried Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1378.4
- Calories from Fat 1313
- Total Fat 145.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 380.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g