Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My dh has been on a quest to find a recipe for deep fried green beans. I am posting both of the recipes I have found on here so I do not loose them. Enjoy!
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Cool in bowl of ice water.
- Drain again.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or large saucepan over medium-high heat to 350°F
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup water, eggs, baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in large bowl; whisk until smooth batter forms.
- Dip 6 beans at a time into batter; shake off excess.
- Add to hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes per batch.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle with more salt and serve hot.