Recipe by gourmetmomma
This is from Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook. Even if you wouldn't normally consider cooking a cake from a mix, this is a great example of how to adjust regular recipes to add more nutrition. I have not tried this yet, but am posting to share.
Top Review by user123
This is from Jessica Seinfield's Cookbook, as I got it out of the library. My friend makes this cake and its wonderful. I just wonder if Jessica actually makes this cake because the instructions are terrible. It says grease a 9 inch cake pan, it should say TWO. It should also say divide batter evenly between two cake pans. If you make this as instructed with only one 9 inch pan, you get an awful mess and a 3 year old crying because their birthday cake is ruined because as bubbles over the edge. Someone should have tested these recipes prior to publishing the book!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix, any brand
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 6 ounces nonfat yogurt (lemon, banana, or vanilla flavored)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray your cakepan with non-stick spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the cake pan. Bake about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Chocolate cake variation: Use a chocolate cake mix with plain or vanilla yogurt.