Recipe by Lady Morrgian
After much fooling with a few brownie recipes I have discovered this and was ordered to never change on thing by my family and friends. I hold this recipe close to my heart and to date have given it to none. Just promise you wont give it to them. Girl needs to feel special huh lol
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
Oh! These are decadent! Rich, fudgy & definitely cherry! We've had "cherry" brownies before but we never thought there was enough cherry flavor. These have it though. Mine turned out a little short, but that's totally my fault. I baked them in the Perfect Brownie Pan & should have doubled the recipe but didn't have enough cocoa. Other than that they were perfect! I used Dutch processed cocoa & Ghirradelli chocolate chips. My only suggestion on the recipe would be to add the salt to the ingredient list. It's noted in the directions but there is no amount. I guessed and used a 1/2 teaspoon. Thanks for sharing your prized recipe, Lady Morrgian! Made & enjoyed for March TOTM Sweet Treats Tag Game. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=328245&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat to 350.
- Drain cherries, save juice.
- Cut Cherries in half (I leave a quarter of the hole, cut half in half and cut the last quarter in fours. but then again I am odd).
- Set aside.
- Combine flour ,salt and baking powder.
- Combine melted butter and coca until well dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix again.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla and 2 table spoons of cherry juice.
- Mix in dry ingredients until just mixed
- Add Cherries and morsels.
- Grease and flour (or use coco powder) a 9 by 9 pan.
- Bake for 24 min.
- Knife is come out a little fudgy, its done.
- Don't over bake unless you like cakey brownies.
- I often whip my own cream flavored with a bit of cherry juice and but a dollop on top of each then place a few chocolate shavings on that.