Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
After much fooling with a few brownie recipes I have discovered this and was ordered to never change on thing by my family and friends. I hold this recipe close to my heart and to date have given it to none. Just promise you wont give it to them. Girl needs to feel special huh lol
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- Preheat to 350.
- Drain cherries, save juice.
- Cut Cherries in half (I leave a quarter of the hole, cut half in half and cut the last quarter in fours. but then again I am odd).
- Set aside.
- Combine flour ,salt and baking powder.
- Combine melted butter and coca until well dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix again.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla and 2 table spoons of cherry juice.
- Mix in dry ingredients until just mixed
- Add Cherries and morsels.
- Grease and flour (or use coco powder) a 9 by 9 pan.
- Bake for 24 min.
- Knife is come out a little fudgy, its done.
- Don't over bake unless you like cakey brownies.
- I often whip my own cream flavored with a bit of cherry juice and but a dollop on top of each then place a few chocolate shavings on that.
Oh! These are decadent! Rich, fudgy & definitely cherry! We've had "cherry" brownies before but we never thought there was enough cherry flavor. These have it though. Mine turned out a little short, but that's totally my fault. I baked them in the Perfect Brownie Pan & should have doubled the recipe but didn't have enough cocoa. Other than that they were perfect! I used Dutch processed cocoa & Ghirradelli chocolate chips. My only suggestion on the recipe would be to add the salt to the ingredient list. It's noted in the directions but there is no amount. I guessed and used a 1/2 teaspoon. Thanks for sharing your prized recipe, Lady Morrgian! Made & enjoyed for March TOTM Sweet Treats Tag Game. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=328245&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Oh my! Sooooooooo good! I used half dark, half regular cocoa, a 10 oz jar of cherries (what I could find), and Ghirardelli semi-sweet chips instead of milk chips. I *love* gooey fudgy brownies, but at 24 min, these were still pretty underdone - I ended up going for 30 minutes and they were perfect. I chopped the cherries "willy-nilly" so some were halved but most were quartered. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe!