Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A super yummy way of getting my grass juice powder down in the morning and keeps me satisfied until mid-morning, so about three hours. It's a fast way to get something in me in the morning when I have five other people to get out of the house.
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 1 cup almond milk (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 banana (I had this at hand the first time I made it but have successfully subbed another 1/2 avocado)
- 1 scoop wheat grass powder
- 1 cup frozen berries (optional)
- I simply poor everything into a jar and let my stick blender at it until it's a nice creamy texture, and I don't see any chunks. Sometimes I have to add more milk if it's a bit thick, especially if I added berries. My yield is usually about 1 3/4 of a cup but it's not exact. When I have them, I love adding frozen berries for a frosty treat and the added nutrients; I especially love blueberries. The brands I usually use are Silk Pure Almond original flavor almond milk (but I like coconut almond too), Spectrum Decadent Blend Chia & Flax Seed with coconut & cocoa (when I don't have that I will usually still add about 1 tsp chia seeds and a bit of coconut if I have any) and Garden of Life Alkalizer & Detoxifier RAW Organic Green Super Food grass powder.