Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this smoothie this morning when I discovered I had 4 custard apples (from my local Asian Market) in my freezer. I thawed them over night and used them in this drink. It was very mild tasting. I used fresh mint out of my garden which was a nice touch. You can use your favourite spice in this drink, but don't use too much, it can be over powering.
- 4 custard apples
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (I used chocolate and plain mint, packed into the cup)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (I used organic lite)
- 18 ounces water (filtered)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (or cinnamon)
- Scoop out the custard apple pulp and remove the seeds.
- Clean the min from the stems.
- Add the coconut milk and water to your blender and process.
- Add the custard apple pulp, mint leaves, agave, vanilla and spices.
- Process again.
- Bon Appetit!