Recipe by I_love2nurse in Canada
I have been trying many pizza recipes over the past 19 years and this one is the best. I got this recipe from my Cuisinart food processor cook book.The main part of the preparation time is the rising of the dough. Otherwise it is very easy and delicious. I will never buy commercial pizza again.
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (105-115 degrees F or 40-46 degrees C)
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 cup liquid measure, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until foamy, about 3-5 minutes. Insert dough blade in work bowl and add flour, salt and 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- With machine running on dough speed, pour liquid through small feed tube as fast as flour will absorb it. Process until dough cleans sides of work bowl and forms a ball. Then process for 30 seconds to knead dough, which may be slightly sticky. Coat dough evenly with 2 teaspoons olive oil; transfer to a plastic food storage bag and seal the top. Let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes. While dough is rising , prepare any pizza toppings.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and punch down. Roll into desired crust sizes.