Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another adapted recipe from one of my favourite cookbooks: Step-by-step cookery series " Salads and Summer dishes". I like this because there's no mint, no tomato like in many other raita recipes and the addition of chili powder gives it extra zing. Cooking time includes 30 minutes chilling time. ZWT REGION: India.
- 1 cucumber (grated)
- salt (to taste)
- 140 g plain yogurt (5 oz)
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch ground cumin or 1 pinch roasted cumin seeds
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 slice cucumber, dusted with
- paprika (to garnish)
- Drain the grated cucumber well so that you squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Add the yougurt, chili powder, ground cumin (or toasted cumin seeds) and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill 30 minutes in refrigerator and stir well before serving.
- Dust the single cucumber slice in paprika and garnish
- Goes well with poppadoms.
Delicious raita recipe, will make this again for sure. Thank you for sharing.
This has become my "go to" raita when I want to make Indian at home - I nuke some frozen malai kofta, spoon out some mango chutney, whip up this raita and throw a paratha in the skillet... And I have a delicious Indian dinner in about 10 minutes - less time than it would take me to go get take out. Can't beat that!
Yummy! I enjoyed the chili powder and cumin in the dish! Thanks! Made for the Incredible India game.