Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from a recipe found on Edible Harmony website... another easy-peasy Paleo option. :)
Make and share this Cuban Picadillo (Paleo) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons of preferred cooking oil (e.g. coconut or olive oil)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 12 -15 pimento stuffed green olives
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup red wine, beef broth or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, brown the onions in the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and carrots and cook for 3-5 minutes, while stirring and breaking down the big clumps of meat.
- Add the bell pepper, tomato paste, wine and spices and continue to cook covered, over medium heat, until the meat is done and the vegetables are tender (20 - 30 minutes).
- Add the olives and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let stand for 5-10 minutes and serve.
Wonderful recipe. I made everything as directed except that I substituted zucchini for the olives and shredded the carrots. Just my personal taste. The dish turned out beautiful and delicious.