Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Cuba meets NYC in this take on the classic Manhattan. A wonderful gold rum from Nicaragua, Flor de Caña, is used here rather than bourbon but I am sure any good gold rum could be used. This is wonderful for people who prefer a drier cocktail. I prefer this on the rocks but you can definitely serve it neat. Adjust the vermouth to your taste. Some prefer more while some prefer it as Winston Churchill did, across the room to be glanced at briefly. lol
- 1 1⁄2 ounces golden rum, Flor de Cana
- 1 dash sweet vermouth, adjust to taste
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- maraschino cherry, for garnish, juice can be added if desired for a touch of sweetness
- Combine rum, vermouth, and bitters in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake, swirl or stir gently a few times.
- Strain into a martini glass or serve over the rocks and add a maraschino cherry.