Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is quite similar to the <About.com> sport drink recipes. I wanted to make a larger quantity & put my own ideas into it. Go to their website for other ideas on similar recipes. See flavoring variations below.
- Fill 1 gal shakable jug 3/4 way with cold water.
- Add sugar, salt & the lime for the flavoring.
- Shake & mix vigorously.
- Now add the remaining cold water to make 1 gallon total.
- Shake & mix again.
- Put in fridge & serve cold which usually takes about an hour. I put this chill time in under "cooking time".
- Flavoring variations, omit the lime juice & add one of the following: 3/4 cup lemon juice concentrate or 3/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate or 2 packets unsweetened Kool-Aid (.13 oz each).