From Delight Gluten Free Magazine, Feb. Mar. Apr. 2009 issue. Great subsitution for bread! I use sweet brown rice flour to make these, but the original recipe calls for white rice flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425*F.
- 2Preheat a 12-cup muffin tin for 5 minutes. This is a very important step for popovers. A warm muffin tin helps to facilitate the rising of the batter. Let the tin stay in the oven until you are ready to pour the batter.
- 3In a blender, add eggs and milk and pulse just until blended. Then add the tapioca flour, rice flour and salt and pulse until combined.
- 4Remove your baking tin (remember, it will be hot.) Lightly grease with cooking spray. Pour in the batter, filling each muffin cup 3/4 full. Fill any empty muffin cups with water to ensure even baking.
- 5Bake 25 minutes, or until popovers are puffed high and are a rich, golden brown. For puffiest popovers, avoid opening the oven door before 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
- 6GARLIC & HERB POPOVERS: Mix in after salt: 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as rosemary, basil, thyme, sage or a combination), stemmed and chopped fine, and 1 clove minced garlic.
- 7PARMESAN CHEESE POPOVERS: Mix in after salt: 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley.
- 8YORKSHIRE PUDDING POPOVERS: Add 1 tablespoon of meat dripping to bottom of muffin cups.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Popovers (W/ 3 Variations) Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 194.5 mg
- Sodium 139.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: