1/3 Photos of Crunchy Topped Prawn & Asparagus Bake
This recipe is from the *Best Seafood Recipes* of the Australian Women's Weekly cookbook series, is an easy make-ahead fix & makes a great 1-dish meal when paired w/a mixed green salad. Per the intro, "This dish can be made several hrs ahead. Keep covered in the refrigerator & bake just b4 required." *Enjoy*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh asparagus (May sub canned & amend prep accordingly)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 sticks celery (chopped)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 lb prawns (uncooked, shelled & chopped)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 1/2 cups white breadcrumbs (stale)
- 5 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Cook asparagus till crisp-tender, cut into 1-in pieces & set aside.
- 3Melt 1st butter amt in med saucepan. Add garlic, celery, bell pepper & prawns. Stir constantly over med-heat for about 3 min or till prawns are tender.
- 4Add flour, stir for 1 min & remove from heat.
- 5Gradually stir in milk & return to heat, stirring constantly for 3 min or till mixture boils & thickens.
- 6Remove from heat & stir in asparagus + half the cheese. Spoon mixture into shallow oven-proof dish.
- 7Combine remaining cheese, breadcrumbs & 2nd butter amt in bowl & sprinkle evenly over the prawn mixture.
- 8Bake for about 20 min or till golden brown. Allow to cool slightly & serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Topped Prawn & Asparagus Bake
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.0
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 244.2 mg
- Sodium 1163.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 29.8 g