Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A different salad idea...a favorite at covered dish affairs.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 can water chestnut, diced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup toasted sunflower seeds or 1 cup chopped cashews
- lettuce leaf
- Combine all the ingredients except the sunflower seeds or cashews and toss lightly.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving, then top with the sunflower seeds or cashews.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
Our whole family loved this! I am saving this recipe to make as a regular for our summer salad recipe for when we pick fresh peas out of the garden. Thank you so much for sharing this delicious recipe! xo LA :-)
I usually make this using mayonaise instead of ranch and sour cream. I think I prefer my recipe as it doesn't overpower the peas.
Excellent! Followed exactly except left out the dijon mustard because I don't like it. Easy, fast, yummy! This is a recipe that I will make often.